Goals goals goals…we all have them, we all work at them and I think we should talk about them!
I know this is usually more of a January 1st post but let’s just say I do things on my own time. Plus when it is January 1st and you’re laying in bed hungover, in debt from Christmas, and maybe a few pounds up from all that baking (no…just me??), who wants to read another “OMG here are all the things I’m going to do to get my life together!!” post?
So that being said, here I am in March, making some goals. Around this time of year I always get inspired, the days are longer, it’s getting warmer and I definetly feel motivated!
- Budget, budget, budget. Yes, this is a big one for me. With buying a condo this year, my ever growing list of travel destinations, and saving for the future, sticking to a budget is something I really want to make a priority.Of course this is easier said than done! I’m not really frivolous with money, but I would say I tend not to think about it enough. If I want something or want to do something I just do it. Thankfully I’ve managed to stay out of debt, but putting money away for retirement and also making sure I can fund my travel dreams is important to me. To make this a little less ambiguous, my main goals around money include putting 10% of my income into RRSP (Canadian retirement funds) and put my remaining money (is there such a thing??) at the end of each month into travel savings.
- Finding an exercise/activity I love and stick to. I do have a gym pass and really enjoy going. Lucy the dog and I love going for hikes, but this year I want to broaden my horizons on activities. I just signed up for a weekly yoga class and am looking for other ideas of things I can incorporate into my life.
- Put up a gallery wall in my apartment. I have been slowly gathering art work and other bits that I like and am always on the hunt for cute picture frames and prints. I also want to get a few of my travelling photos put onto canvases. It’s so easy to get sucked into Pinterest for hours looking at home decor. A gallery wall is just one of the things I want to get done in my new place. A blank slate is equal parts exciting and overwhelming!
- Quit biting my nails! Now this is an embarrassing one, but is probably the most difficult for me. I’ve bit my nails for as long as I remember and have always dreamt of having beautiful nails, going for manicures, etc. This may be ridiculous but I always have hope I can quit! (PS if anyone has any tips for nail biters let me know!)
- For the fifth and final goal – Be happy! Sometimes I don’t put enough thought into doing things that make me happy. Don’t get me wrong, I live a great life, have an amazing family and friends and enjoy my work. I still, like everyone I’m sure, struggle with down days and want to make sure that I have a fallback list of things I can do to get back to my positive attitude. Self care is so important and I would like to work on that for myself.
And that’s it! I think writing out my goals makes me feel a bit more accountable. It is nice to go back and see what I’ve accomplished later on in the year. What are your goals for 2017? Have you been successful with your New Years Resolutions? Is anyone successful with New Years Resolutions?
Don’t forget to sign up for email notifications so you never miss a post and share with friends!