Mother’s Day is coming up quickly! It falls on May 14th this year, and I’ll actually be home for it this year. Woooo!
I don’t know about you guys, but my parents are definitely the hardest people in my life to shop for. Either they just say they don’t want anything…or the things I’d like the get them are wayyyyy out of my budget.
Gift giving is one of my favourite things. I love thinking about what someone would like and searching for the perfect gift. Heck, I even love wrapping gifts beautifully.
I’ve been putting a bit of thought into what to get my mom this year (so mom if you’re reading…maybe skip this post). Since I’ve been putting in some computer time searching for gifts and deals, I thought I’d share!
- If your mom is into yoga or meditation I highly recommend checking out the brand Halfmoon. Halfmoon is a Canadian company that specialises in yoga mats, meditation props and other wellness items. The items are such great quality, the colours and patterns are beautiful and I love supporting local companies. Sadly I don’t personally own any of their items but I have used them at various yoga studios and can attest to their awesome-ness. (Awesome-ness is a word right?)
As far as the perfect gift I would totally suggest the Breathable Eco Mat paired with the beautiful limited edition, Iris Rectangular Bolster. Definitely be upping your momma’s practice with this gift!
- The next gift is something that is super versatile, could be for the new mom, a mom who needs to or loves to relax or maybe a mom who doesn’t spoil herself often enough! Make a spa gift basket or really any type of basket filled with things that she loves. I would fill it with some Arbonne spa goodies, the new Rescue and Renew line looks amazing!! Add in a loofah, some candles and a bottle of wine and she’s got a good night ahead of her!
I love doing gift baskets because they are so personal and every one can be different and made to their taste. One can never have enough gorgeous bath products and picking out stuff with beautiful packaging totally adds to the appeal. Bonus the mint and wood branding on the Arbonne Rescue and Renew makes me want to buy it just to pop on the counter.
- This next gift is one of my personal favs! A Lululemon bag! Everyone, every age, and every stage of life needs a great bag. Lululemon makes fantastic tote bags, not just utility gym bags anymore! I’ve had two different bags from them and have loved both. The specific bag I would recommend is the All Day Tote.
It comes in three versatile colours, has tonnes of pockets (great for baby mommas packing all those diapers, gadgets, etc), and looks super stylish! It’s 26 litres (huge!!) and has super durable waterproof fabric. I can guarantee any lady in your life would love to get this little baby as a gift (and hey maybe combine and fill it with goodies?!).
- Now I was just recently introduced by my friend Kara to the amazing world of Etsy jewellery. I’ve shopped on Etsy for gifts for years, but for some reason just never really considered checking out the jewellery on there. But holy shit was I missing out. There’s expensive stuff, costume jewellery and just nice reasonably priced pieces! I just took a quick gander at some rings on there and found a few I love (is this a gift guide or a wish list for myself…).
- My final recommendation is a spa weekend! Now if you’re local to British Columbia you need to go to Sparkling Hill. Take your mom, book some treatments, bring a fancy outfit for dinner and pop the champagne. This is 100% my favourite hotel in the world. Last year my sister and I surprised my mom with a weekend here for an early Mother’s Day weekend before I left to Australia. Of course, it did not disappoint.
I mean I guess any spa will do…I’m on the hunt for a new one to check out. But if you get the opportunity, your mom will love you forever if you take her to this magical gem overlooking Okanagan Lake. Don’t miss the Rose Steam room, that baby is my fav.
Well, that’s all I got! If you still can’t find anything off that list, go for a wander through a Chapters Indigo store. I can’t walk out of that store without spending $100 and getting something I didn’t know I needed. Which means it has the cutest picture frames, stationary, candles…you get the point.
Do you have any hidden gem gift ideas!? Also, don’t forget if you like what you read comment and share with your friends!